Thursday, December 23, 2010

Love Balm –in Rose – Nature Republic

Love Balm –in Rose – Nature Republic

Love Balm. Sounds dirty J
It’s so not *sigh*. So for all of you readers who were hoping for another sort of review, well I guess you are going to have to look else where.
The Love Balm is a potted lip gloss by Nature Republic.  I’ve be wavering between curiosity and dislike with Nature Republic. I so often find their products boring and lack luster.  Which with all the wonderful and exciting things in the Korean beauty care world, means I generally don’t buy.
But since Nature Republic replaced my favorite little Etude house shop, sometimes I would wander down there when I was bored.
When I am bored, I spend money on things I don’t need. Is there anyone out there like that???
Anyway, this lip balm comes potted, without an applicator. I have come to hate potted lip glosses.  Mostly because it gets under my finger nails, and I then need to wash my hands.
But, I love the scent. It smells exactly like the Moroccan Rose facial spray, which for ages was the ONLY thing from NR that I liked! This also means, if you don’t like rose scents, or potent scents, this is not for you.
I don’t think Korea has become aware of the fragrance free trend, everything seems to be LOADED with scent!
But personally, I love it.
The lip gloss base is nice, It’s thick smooth, and minimally sticky. It is certainly a balm rather than a gloss. I haven’t found it to be exceptionally moisturizing. In fact it’s a pretty average, pretty basic balm.

I do like it, I use it every night as a lip treatment, after using my rose toothpaste, before using my Rose Mask….
I’m a bit rose obsessed at the moment.
For you, I f you are looking for a nice basic balm, and like rose, great. This is the one for you, between that and the inexpensive price, it’s a good buy.
If you have to import it, or are expecting miracles, then this would be a….. pass!

2 comments:

  1. Shirly_miss_congenialityDecember 5, 2011 at 3:16 AM

    Hi! Where did you get your rose toothpaste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Tokyo Hands- this awesome department store in Japan, there are something like 50 flavors- some yummy some weird!!1

    ReplyDelete